pinch on Atrix

Aug 6, 2011 at 7:21 PM

I have swipe actions working and pinch is working on an iPhone, but it isn't working on my Motorola Atrix running Android 2.3.  I'm trying to get access to a different Android phone to try, but haven't been able to yet.  Are there any Android phones that have been tested with pinch?  I tried the default browser, Dolphin HD, Opera, Skyfire, Firefox, and Maxthon.  None could trigger the event.

I tried pinch, pinchopen, and pinchclose.

Coordinator
Oct 11, 2011 at 3:38 PM

Hey, never tested an "Atrix". But hte library should work on every useragent implementing touch events ('gesturestart/touchstart..., see W3C draft").

Just add your user agent string (or set the '$.hasGestures' to true ;) )

$.capableDevicesInUserAgentString = ['iPad','iPhone','iPod','Mobile Safari']; // basic functionality such as swipe, pinch, rotate, tap should work on every mobile safari, e.g. GalaxyTab

// get capable user agents
    $.hasGestures = (function () { var _i; for(_i = 0; _i < $.capableDevicesInUserAgentString.length; _i++ ) {  if (navigator.userAgent.indexOf($.capableDevicesInUserAgentString[_i]) !== -1 ) {return true;} } return false; } )();

And share your results!

Oct 21, 2011 at 7:28 PM
I tried adjusting the user agent string and setting hasGestures to
true, but my Atrix still isn't triggering an event on pinch. I also
decided to try using pinch on a laptop with a touchpad that supported
it and that did work with hasGestures=true. I tested this on Opera
and Chrome under Windows 7.
Coordinator
May 8, 2012 at 9:27 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.